WordPress Tip – Adjusting Your Images
WordPress has some built-in capability to adjust images as they are being uploaded. You can also use tools to adjust images online or on your computer. It can be helpful to learn a bit about how digital images are sized, especially if you have a digital camera that shoots high-quality pictures. When you are using pictures online, you don’t necessarily need all the megapixels a camera can provide. Extra megapixels can result in longer upload times, and there may not be a benefit; resizing a picture can make things easier.
But there are other adjustments you can make once an image is uploaded. To try out these features,
- Log in and click New Post.
- Then click the Select Files button, locate an image you want to upload, and double-click on it to begin the upload process.
- Then, in the Add an Image window, use the scrollbar on the right side to scroll down so that you can see the title and other fields are shown.
- None of these fields is required, but if you like, you can enter information to help you keep track of the pictures in WordPress and to add extra detail.
- Scroll down farther in the Add an Image window. This next set of options allows you to control whether the image appears on the left, in the center, or on the right; it also allows you to change the size of the image and adjust the link URL.
- If you click None under Link URL, the picture appears at the size you set, but nothing happens when you click on it. The default setting is File URL, which simply means when you click on the picture, you see the original size version of it. If you click Post URL, when people click on the picture, they go to the attachments page for the post
- After you make your adjustments, click the Insert into Post button.
- Then, on the right side of the Dashboard screen, click the Publish button.
Easy Image added to WordPress.